1. Driving licenses and fitness to driveYou must hold a current, valid driving license. Either a provisional, full or international licence and produce it on (or in advance of) your first training session. You must be fit to drive with regard to legal and medical requirements, alcohol, drugs or prescribed medication. Any changes with regard to the above must be reported to the instructor or driving school immediately.
2. Payments and CancellationTuition fees are normally payable either in advance or at the start of each lesson. Payments must be made in cash. If you need to cancel or re-arrange a lesson, at least 24 hours notice will be required for single lessons of up to two hours duration. If 24 hours notice is not given, we reserve the right to ask for payment of the lesson. This would be at the discretion of the instructor. The instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson at short notice if it is suspected that the pupil may be unfit due to the effects of alcohol, drugs(prescribed or otherwise) or any other condition that would cause his/her driving to be dangerous or illegal. In such circumstances the lesson fee will be payable.
3. Refund PolicyAll requests for refunds of prepaid lessons will be considered providing at least 14 days notice is given and it is not longer than 12 months from the date of the last lesson. An administration charge of £10 will apply to cover our costs.
4. In car FilmingAll driving lessons are filmed by an in-car camera. This is for your protection and your instructor. If you do not want your lesson filmed, please inform your instructor at the start of your lesson. Recordings are usually deleted after the lesson.
5 .Driving tests and bookings
Practical Tests are only to be booked with the instructor’s prior agreement. If a test is booked without this agreement there will be no guarantee a car will be available for use. Please consult your instructor where any doubt exists. Your instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of a driving school vehicle for test if he/she considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety. Where a school car is used for test, the booking period will normally be 2 hours based upon the travelling time to the test centre, the length of the driving test (40 Minutes) and the return journey home. A longer booking period may be required if the pupil chooses to book a test at a centre outside the instructors normal working area. This is charged at the normal hourly lesson rate at the time.
Please note:Your test fee is payable to the DVSA not the driving school and the use of the driving school car for test purposes is charged separately by the driving school.
6. Code of conductYour instructor is a highly trained Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency Approved Instructor and agrees to abide by the conditions of the Professional Code of Conduct issued by the Agency and will behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times. In the unlikely event of a dispute you should first approach your instructor who will make every effort to resolve the problem to the satisfaction of you and the instructor. If the dispute cannot be resolved you can contact Mr D Adams (business owner) on 07788 638 084